I can no longer count the number of times I clicked the ♥ symbol in Instagram account of mikeybot. It is because this account features the cutest kid in the solar system! And every time my mobile phone is notified about a new YouTube video on HiHo Kids channel, I would get so excited hoping Ernie would be part of the new feature.
From among the cute HiHo Kids channels, here’s my personal favorite video of Ernie. It’s unadulterated-ly cute, funny and heart-melting…
Watching the infectious smile, the wondrous cackle, the playful tease and even the frivolous nose picking of Ernie makes me miss the feelings on what it is to be a simple happy kid. I guess I will never get tired clicking the ♥ symbol in mikeybot’s Instagram page.
Aym hukd wid #superernie!
I recently discovered via internet a kid that is a bundle of charm and adorableness. His name is Ernie.
prince of cuteness
I was captivated by Ernie on the first time I saw him in the internet. The first video I saw Ernie at was in a YouTube video in which he and a bunch of cute American kids were tasked by a number of adults filming them to try Filipino food. Ernie in that video stole my heart! He was the only kid who had the full courage to eat Balut and appreciated tasting it. And when he tried the Taho, it made me conclude that he is the most endearing human being in the internet!
Ernie for me is the Prince of Cuteness. This 3-year old kid is pure sweetness and lovability. I guess his not even aware that he is starting to become so popular because a lot has started following his dad’s Instagram in which the majority of what it features are photos and short clips of cute Ernie.
Ernie’s photos and video clips presents the sparkles and freshness of being a kid. It features the naivety, the innocence and unassuming-ness of an early life which every one of us, I guess, badly misses and would love to relive or to reminisce.
I don’t know, but I think Ernie’s photos and video clips touches hearts. And one of which is mine. You can follow the sweet smiles, the adorable laughter, and the guilelessness of the Prince of Cuteness at https://www.instagram.com/mikeybot/
Ke kyut kyut ng batang ire!
“A generation without closure” is one label that has been associated to my generation. This is basically linked to me and my contemporaries’ failure to realize whatever happened to the well-loved Voltes V team (Steve, Big Bert, Little John, Jamie and Mark) and the Bozanian Empire when the very popular TV show’s final five episodes were cut off the air by the Marcos regime in the late 70’s.
But because of the new technology in which almost all information is now available in the internet, I had the opportunity to finally make a closure on this long-standing delay. Some even feel that this anime is considered to be the longest story ever told. Thanks to Youtube and the person who uploaded the final episodes of the most adored anime series of my generation. Hermetic seal has somewhat been achieved.
However, there are still some silly questions that left hanging after watching the final episode:
- Who did Jamie end up marrying? Will she pose sexy in the cover of FHM magazine?
- Did Little John outgrow the black heads on his face? How does Little John look like as an adult?
- Would Big Bert agree to trim his body down as treated and sponsored by Dra. Vicky Belo?
- Would Mark be signed up as a Bench underwear model in its next bi-annual fashion show?
- Would Steve agree for a 5-picture contract with Pinoy Box Office Queen Sarah Geronimo?
- Are the remaining Bozanians with horns on their head dehorned by the earthlings when peace was achieved and realized in the universe? In case they do not have horns anymore, does it mean they will never get horny for the rest of their lives?
- With peace being achieved in the universe and Voltes weapons are practically of no use anymore, will the Ultra Electro Magnetic Top, Laser Sword, Voltes Bazooka and Chain Knuckle be auctioned in Sotheby’s or be on display at Tokyo National Museum?
- Is it true about the rumor that Voltes V will do a film and their main antagonists are Celia Rodriguez, Bella Flores and (the come-back movie of) Zenny Zabala? There’s even a big buzz that Imelda Marcos will have a special participation at the end to relive her family’s power of killing Voltes V!
These questions may seem to belittle the fascinating anime of my childhood days. But one thing remains Voltes V was able to bring a generation of Filipinos (of various social-classes) into a commonality. It created a shared experience that really brought people together. It captivated a Pinoy breed on a story of friendship, of brotherhood, of sacrifice, of justice and of team work. No doubt, Voltes V will always have a reasonably huge fragment in my life and the persuasive lessons it conveyed will always be remembered.
Dahil dyan… Let’s Volt In!!!