1. She was asked to recite 1 Our Father and 3 Hail Marys during a job interview. When she did, she was hired right away. Apparently, the interviewer was a priest.
2. Being a trusted employee, she was the Treasurer of the company’s Labor Union. (unyunista ang lola mo!)
3. She started working when she was 19 and retired in the same company when she reached 65 years old. Thus, she worked for more than 40 years in the same company.
4. During the early years of her working, she could buy a set of genuine jewelry (a ring, a necklace and a pair of earring) out from a month’s salary.
5. She was considered hip and was envied by a lot of women during her working-girl days. During that period, it is so rare for an unmarried lady to have a job. It’s always the men who do work for a company.
6. She was able to pay for the house and lot of Lola Teray and Lolo Pascual (her mom and dad) out from her earnings.
7. Every single working day, she would wake up super early in the morning to prepare for a day’s work and leave the house at 5:00 a.m.
8. She amassed numerous trophies for she was awarded the Most Valuable Player for several times during her company’s annual duckpin bowling tournament.
9. Though she was a Duckpin MVP Queen, her favorite sports is not bowling, its Mahjong with Mareng Elvie, Mareng Luisita, Mareng Naty, Mareng Magda, Mareng Lovi and Mareng Titang to name a few (all her co-employees).
10. She gave birth to the most delicious creature ever to step on planet Earth. His name is Neil.
Happy Birthday Nanay!