Saturday, April 26 was the day of our Support Services’ company summer outing. I can’t help but write about the adversities I encountered during the bus ride going to Infanta Quezon…
The bus left an hour late waiting for the others to arrive. The bus ride was dizzying going through the sharp curves and turns of the road going up and down the mountains. The bus was also running slow, I don’t know if it is because the vehicle is ancient or the zigzag road is too dangerous to speed up.
The old bus’ aircon was unfortunately busted. We were literally being baked, roasted and seared inside it. I was not in the beach yet but I was already soaking wet with sweat.
Though inside the very sweltering bus, I tried to grab a nap during the travel. However, the plan of swindling even a short nap ceased and was impossible when the smell of the burning clutch suddenly breezed through inside the bus. I admit I was craving for a cigarette during the ride but instead I was treated to a much toxic carbon monoxide stench reeking out from the bus’ motor.
A couple of hours later, I could smell carbon monoxide mixed with Adobo in the air. It was the moment when no one noticed that the Adobo intended to be served for lunch was knocked down dripping out its sauce on the bus floor.
While inside the humid running bus, I smelled the stench of vomit as puked by the person sitting in front of me. All the complaints of those people inside made me impatient to alight making the travel being the longest four hours of my whole summer season.
I was famished. I haven’t had breakfast and my throat was dry. I was given and finished a tasty egg sandwich but I need to endure my cravings for a drink for it was not available inside the bus during the 4-hour bus ride.
Ironically, I never drank any liquid prior to boarding the bus, but my bladder is starting to fill up. Imagine being sleepy, thirsty, perspiring and wanting to pee all at the same time.
Add all this up plus funny moments with my co-workers equals great summer outing! Panalo!