English the universal language has been the major tool of mankind in bridging gaps and solidifying unity. However, English language if analyzed is actually a bit confusing. A list of things that immediately entered my crazy brain are the following:
- Why do people call an elevator with the same word when the car is going down? Isn’t it supposed to be called “delevator”?
- Similarly, why is the automatic moving stairs called escalator still called an escalator when it’s going down? Isn’t it supposed to be called “descalator”?
- Why do people eat a cured ham? Has it been sick?
- A chicken that has been bled and pulled off its feathers is called a “dressed chicken”.
- A clubhouse sandwich doesn’t have a house neither a club in between bread buns.
Siguro kulang na ‘ko sa tulog…