Even if the economy is bad, a lot of people borrowed large sums of money just to place their bets. We Pinoys are so immersed on the performance of a bunch of basketball prima donnas chasing, bouncing, passing and shooting a ball on the final game. Each Pinoy is either a Team Lakers or a Team Celtics.
The upcoming Friday morning is not going to be a walk in the park. Every working Pinoy citizen (who has work on Friday) has been clogged with a lot of things to update and finish this 4-day work week especially after just having an extended weekend. But NBA finals game 7 (only the 17th time in the history of NBA) will happen this busy Friday so work on Friday morning will have to wait. For sure, a lot will not be able to concentrate in their job and would try to peek in their handheld China-made mobile phone with TV they brought along in their place of work while being on duty trying to get a glimpse of the much anticipated final game.
Due to this, I’m sure a lot of employs may be given a disciplinary action because of the following possible office violations:
- malingering (for those who called-in-sick and opted to go on half-day to watch the game);
- negligence (for those who fail to concentrate on their job because of no means to see the game);
- deliberate slowing down of work (for those who peek into their mobile TV they brought in their place of work);
- gambling (for those who can’t resist on placing their money bets to their preferred team);
- deliberate destruction of office tools, materials and/or equipment (for those who can’t resist destroying an office equipment because of emotional outbursts during and/or after the game)
Here is a tip to prevent this. Office politics will be very important on Friday morning. For sure your boss is either on your team or comes from the opposing side. Therefore, be creative! If you and your boss is a fan of the same team then watching the game with him during office hours won’t be a problem. However, if you favor the opposing team then sincerely talk him over, bring a hot breakfast or snack for him and remind him that NBA finals game is on and would love to see who would be a better cheerer between you and him during the game. Furthermore, tell him that you would be willing to finish the pending job on extended working hours before calling it a day.
Gudlak sa maka-Seltiks at maka-Leykers…