Philippines being a tropical country only have dry and wet season. It is so funny to see Pinoys immediately sporting their jackets and sweaters even with a slight drizzle. Every time rain drops in the morning, people leaving their houses for school or office will pull out their jacktes or sweaters from their closet and will wear it the whole day even though after lunch the sun is angrily shining. A heavy proof that Pinoys love to dress up!
I am not a fashion guru neither am I aspiring to be one. But like any typical Pinoy, I also love to gussy up. That is why, I abhor personalities who, no matter how expensive their clothing is, still look preposterous from my own personal valuation. With this, listed below are my top 5 worst dressed men for the year. They are…
- Top 5 – Lito Atienza. I simply hate the floral short sleeved polo for this mayor. He may have established an image that is not typical of a politician in "barong" through this attire. His fashion statement may have brought him to Manila’s highest local government post, but he is totally stumpy and grumpy if you would compare him to the great Statesman and Senator Raul Roco who also has the same fashion campaign strategy.
- Top 4 – Mark Bautista. This singer always wears winter clothes every time I would see him on TV. Even during the hot summer season, Mark struts on stage wearing either a thick jacket or layered knitted shirts on top of each other and even a mufler around his neck. I suggest he wears ear muffs for the total winter look all year round!
- Top 3 – Eagle Riggs. He is a popular figure of Pinoy mornings for he is a part of the pack in Unang Hirit morning TV show. He looks snaggy since this guy likes to wear over-sized t-shirts and baggy pants. Eagle should learn from one of my fashion principles… "Wear baggy to look baggy, wear fit to look fit!"
- Top 2 – Tim Yap. He may be the envy of all fashionistas but I plainly do not like his style. It’s too outrageous for my taste. But if you are the type of person who wants to be easily noticed (because of bizarre to outlandish taste) on gatherings, you can follow the footstep of this social climbing specialist.
- Top 1 – Boy Abunda. Every time I got the chance to watch his TV show, his clothing simply look silly and ridiculous! I am very surprised to know that his outfits would come from well known top designers. (He thank them during each program.) It’s not the garment, it’s not the design and definitely not the designer. It’s simply Boy Abunda who regrettably cannot carry these pricey outfits.