Philippines did a great job! The World Economic Forum recently identified the Philippines being the top 6 among 115 countries to have the smallest gender gap. This means that our country’s hoi polloi – male and female – seem to have an equal standing in society compared to other nationalities. Our stupendous country is the only Asian country to have made it in the top 10.
The size of the “gender gap” study was based on educational attainment, access to high-skilled employment, political empowerment, life expectancy and level of salary among others.
Here’s a bunch of my zany personal suspicions why we were included in the top:
- Our president – though a midget – is female.
- A stupid British Dictionary in mid-1990’s defined Filipina as “domestic helper”
- In 2004 Asian Development Bank study shows that 65% of OFWs are women
- The Bar exam topnotcher for 2004 and 2005 were female
- According to 2000 census, there’s more loony dudes than dudettes
- In every Pinoy showbiz awards night people would franticly wait for the announcement of the best actress award and would not care who won best actor
- Pinoy Superstar, Megastar, Diamond Star, Star for All Seasons are all female
- All Pinoy Big Brother winners were female (Nene, Kim and Keanna)
- Or maybe, general portion of this generation’s male population of the nation is simply stupid!
Kudos to all folks!